Today our colleagues from Architecture Planet share an article to know how to grow tangerines in pots. So if you are interested and want to know more about this, do not detach from the screen because we are starting right now.
Potted mandarin growing
How to grow tangerines in pots It may be easier than you think. Mandarins are one of the most delicious citrus fruits that exist to taste especially on those winter afternoons with the sun in front of you, there is no better plan. The only thing you must take into account to be able to grow them in pots is that they can have good soil and an adequate amount of sun. But let's not anticipate that we will tell you step by step. Let's see…
Growing Tangerines in Pots - Step by Step
- Buy mandarin seeds from your local nursery and use the seeds of a tangerine. If you opt for the latter, wash the seeds well and then dry them.
- Choose a suitable container for the type of mandarin you have chosen. Always make sure the soil contains holes to facilitate drainage.
- Use soil that is rich in organic matter and small stones in the ground for good drainage. You can also mix the soil with some washed sand to improve ventilation.
- Sow 2-3 seeds in the center of the pot and cover with 1/2 inch of soil.
- Plant the germinated seeds or transplant the tree. Cover the roots and push the soil to the sides, being careful not to damage the plant.
- Place your pot near the window so the sunlight can reach her
- Pour the pot when you feel the first inch deep dry when it touches the ground. Moderate watering in summer and less in winter.
- Prune the suction cups that grow along the trunk and cut off the broken or dead branches at any time.
- Try to keep your compost rich in magnesium, zinc, and iron.
Caring for mandarins
- Water regularly and make sure the land is always there.
- Fertilize monthly to feed your plant. We recommend a liquid acid-based fertilizer.
- If your tangerine tree grows, dYou should transplant it back into a larger pot.
- If you live in a warm climateYou can also transplant your tree outdoors in the spring.
- If your tangerine tree has grown long enough, Put some supports or even a tomato cage around it to promote growth upward and not on the sides that take up a lot of space.
What can we do with mandarins
Tangerines in pots like any other fruit can be made in any type of preparation. What will give it the characteristic citrus flavor will be the mandarin naturally. For example you can make your own energy cereal bars and even chocolate brownie with walnut.
You already know how growing tangerines in pots now we have to ask you, do you dare to plant mandarins in your house? Now it only remains for you to get to work and do not forget to share this article if you liked it to know that the advice reaches you and work on more for you. We give a huge THANK YOU to our colleagues from Architecture Planet for this great contribution.