Maintaining the order of your garments is essential and to achieve this we need elements that facilitate this daily task. That is why today in Facades World we show them how to make a coat rack out of copper pipes Step by Step. It is a job that does not require a lot of effort and you can do it at home on your own. So if you liked the proposal, do not detach yourself from the screen because we are starting right now!
Why use pipes to make a coat rack?
The industrial style is gaining more adherents to its style every day, that is why copper pipes have become so popular in the creation of elements for the home. That is why we can find endless ideas such as: coat racks, side tables, magazine racks, shelves, furniture, kitchen bars etc. Today on our website we are going to show you how to make a coat rack out of copper pipes to use in the hall of our house or in our room. In this way it will be easier for us to locate our coat, shoes, keys or bags. Let's see…
To build our coat rack with copper pipes we will need some elements that we will detail below:
- Straight pipes with an approximate diameter of 25mm
- Four wooden boards. One for the base and the remaining three for the shelves.
- Copper elbows to make the joints of the pipes.
- Four wheels with their screws to be able to adhere them.
- Artificial grass of the measure of the base so that it is the right measure.
- Black paint.
- Tin to be able to solder
- Walnut color varnish
The tools to make the coat rack with copper pipes will be decisive for a relaxed and much easier job. That is why we detail what is necessary so that the assembly is something pleasant and does not end up becoming a headache.
- Pipe cutter
- Spade bit
- A brush
- Welding gloves and mask
How to make the structure with copper pipes
The structure that our coat rack will have is quite simple. We must make it with a sufficient height to be able to hang our garments taking into account to adhere an extra tube to be able to add some wooden shelves, which in this case will be three. The base is made with the largest diameter board where we can adhere our synthetic grass. It should be noted that we can modify the scheme and the structure according to the needs we have. That is why before buying our materials we should make a sketch with the measurements and the design that our structure will have to facilitate the work.
How to cut the tubes?
To do this, the first thing we will have to do is measure the tubes, mark them and then cut them. To make the cut we will use the pipe cutter that allows us to make cuts without having to sand the edges since it makes clean cuts. If we don't have this tool, let's not get into trouble since we can use a hand saw and sand the edges of our tube. It takes a little longer but it is possible.
Weld our structure
Once we have all our tubes cut and our copper elbows ready, we proceed to weld our structure. For this we will use the torch, tin and if possible add a little stripper to our joints to make it easier for the tin to slide better when soldering it since the copper will be free of grease.
Paint the structure and prepare the wood
After having our structure finished we can paint our structure to give it the desired color, in this case black. We can also choose to leave it as it is, the copper color will give it a personal style.
- Then we will start by preparing our woods. For this we will measure and cut the first wood of the measure of our base.
- For the boards that will be our shelves, we must place a piece of wood in the place that we are going to place it in order to measure the diameter and position of the hole that we must make.
- To make the hole we will use the drill and the shovel so we will know how far we must go.
Paint the wood
To paint our wood we will use the varnish with walnut color, in this way we can give it a dark tone. For this we can ask our nearest paint shop for varnish and ink to dye it in walnut, in this case but we can ask for the one we like the most, it can be cedar, natural etc. In a liter of varnish we introduce our bottle of ink, we stir the mixture and that's it. We have a varnish of the color that is to our liking.
How to assemble our copper pipe coat rack?
- We will start by screwing our four wheels onto the base using our screws. In this way it will not only be practical to move our coat rack but the wheels will give us an industrial touch that will accompany our style.
- Then we will insert the tubes into the wooden shelves. Once we have the desired height we can drill at the height of the tube to insert a screw that makes us a lock to make a stop.
- Finally we fit the tubes to the base of our coat rack and introduce the artificial grass to give it a personal style.
From Facades World We appreciate this great contribution that our colleagues from Architecture Planet, a website highly recommended by us with endless architectural news. On the other hand, we remind all our readers that they can follow us on our social networks and be part of our huge community… We are waiting for you!