Would you like to renew the decoration of your dining room, living room or bedroom but you do not have much money? We tell you that you are in the right place because today in Facades World after the comments they left us on YOUTUBE we will show you how to paint on canvas correctly. So if you liked the proposal, do not detach yourself from the screen because we are starting right now!
How to paint on canvas correctly
If you got this far it is because you are wondering how to paint on canvas correctly, we tell you that for this we must choose the right paint and know how to prepare the fabric. Painting the fabric, be it a dress, a T-shirt or a banner is something that we can do in a simple way. As long as we have the ability to choose the right fabric and the right paint to make our work look right. To choose the ideal paint, what we must do is choose between an acrylic paint or a textile paint. These are paints that contain a pigment suspended in an acrylic medium specially formulated for use on fabric. They are easy to find in craft or DIY stores, so you just have to follow these steps. Let's see…
Steps to paint on fabric correctly
- The first thing we must do is choose the right fabric to paint, let's keep in mind before starting what we want to transfer to the fabric. Ideally, use 100% cotton fabric, such as sheets or T-shirts as they absorb paint well, but the truth is that you can experiment with any fabric you want. We suggest that when buying it we talk to the owner of the store who will know how to recommend the ideal one for our work.
- Once the fabric is chosen, it will be good that we also have a small sheet or polystyrene plate on which to place the fabric when we go to paint. In this way we can draw and paint on a surface that will serve as a support and avoid future problems with paint splashes.
- Before starting to paint, we must wash the garment if it is new since there are always fibers from its manufacture that may not grip the paint in the correct way. Therefore, you only have to pre-wash the garment, let it dry and you can paint it. Perhaps it is one of the recommendations that we will hear when we buy the fabric but it does not hurt to clarify it.
- If the garment that we are going to paint is old or used, what we must make sure is that it is well washed so that it does not contain traces of starch or fabric softener that could interfere with our work of art.
- If we can take the time to iron the garment, but especially the part where we are going to work would be ideal. In this way we will prevent any wrinkles from distorting the work done.
- Once we have the fabric ready, we prepare the workplace by covering it with plastic or newspapers so that the paint does not stain anything. Then we spread the fabric, put the polystyrene underneath, and began to paint.
- When we paint we can do it freehand or find molds of the drawing that we want to make on our garment. There are thousands of designs that we can make and download.
- We suggest starting by making the contours of our drawing. Then from the outside to the inside we will fill in the drawing that we have made.
- Once we have finished our paint job on the fabric, we recommend letting the garment dry for 24 hours to be able to use it.
- For the wash we must wait 24 more hours, but we suggest not doing it until after 5 days of having done our work. This reasonable time is for the paint to fully cure.
From Facades World We hope and hope that this step by step to paint on fabric correctly will be of great help and pleasure for all of you. We remind you that you can follow us on our social networks and be part of our huge community, and also, if you are interested in obtaining Christmas decoration ideas for this 2020 that already ends, can free download our book in collaboration with our colleagues from Architecture Planet clicking on this link.