Christmas is just around the corner, there are less than 12 hours left for us to do chin chin (depending on where in the world you are), so we wanted to share this with you christmas trivia and find out how much you know about this popular festival. So, if you have a little free time, answer these questions that we leave you below ...
Christmas Trivia… Discover the answers at the end of the post
Together with our friends and colleagues from Architecture Planet, today we bring you this christmas trivia that many of our users of YOUTUBE they have suggested us in some comments. There are many ancient customs that we are unaware of and that is why today we want to put their knowledge to the test. The questions will be numbered from 1 to 10 and you will find the answers at the end of the article so that you can see if your choice was correct. We invite you to leave us in the comments the percentage of correct answers you had to see how much you knew or not. It is not worth cheating! Now yes, let's start!
1. The tradition of decorating the Christmas tree is:
- A pagan rite assimilated by Christianity
- A request from Jesus to his disciples ("do this in memory of me")
- A custom that the crusaders brought from the Holy Land
2. In what region of the world did this custom arise?
- It arose in the middle east
- In what is now the UK
- In what is now Germany
3. What is the pagan tradition assimilated by Christianity?
- The cult of trees as a symbol of the resurgence of life
- The cult of birds to whom a tree is intended as a dwelling
- The one to plant a tree before the birth of a firstborn
4. There are traces of the Christmas tree since the Middle Ages, but when did its use become widespread and did it enter homes?
- Xl century
- In the XNUMXth century
- Twentieth Century
5. What do the red balls on the tree represent?
- They replace the old decoration that was with apples
- They symbolize the red of the blood that the child god will shed for the salvation of the world
- It is not known
6. What other elements were used as decorations in the first Christmas trees?
- Nails and cups
- Spikes and flowers
- Ostias and candles
7. What qualities does the originally used species, spruce (a conifer), have that made it ideal for its symbolic function?
- Evergreen Leaves and Conical Shape (Eternal Life and Holy Trinity)
- The height (pointing to the sky)
- Longevity (Eternal Life)
8. What element is placed at the top of the tree?
- A star that symbolizes the one that appeared in Bethlehem
- A dove, representing the Holy Spirit
- A red apple, considered a fruit of Eden
9. What other tradition of pagan Europe was assimilated to the Christian Christmas?
- Santa claus
- The kiss under the mistletoe
- The gifts at the foot of the tree
10. Why is it customary, in some countries, to decorate the tree on December 8?
- It is the day that, according to Catholic dogma, the Virgin Mary was conceived
- The possible true date of Jesus' birth
- It is the date on which the holy family embarks on the journey to Bethlehem
Christmas trivia answers
At Facades World, in collaboration with our friends from Architecture Planet, we want to wish you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS. Remember that you can download our FREE ebook for more ideas about this festive eve, and you can also follow us on our social networks and become part of our huge community… We are waiting for you!