It is beautiful to enjoy nature and that our home is surrounded by unique and comfortable spaces, that is why when decorating our garden we have the possibility of surrounding it with natural elements that beautify it. Today we will teach you how to make a garden stone path, so if you are interested do not move from the screen because we are starting right now.
Learn how to make a garden stone path
- Why use stones to decorate and / or organize the garden?
- Criteria for choosing them
- N ° 1 Order materials and take measurements
- Catwalk design
- Prepare the base for the stone path
- Set and level the stones
- Add a cobblestone border
- Clear the path of stones
- Video: How to make a garden stone path
Why use stones to decorate and / or organize the garden?
The stones in our garden They give it a personal style and above all a unique value. That is why it is one of the most chosen elements to decorate gardens throughout the world. Today there are many types of stone available for construction, so it becomes essential to be able to choose the right one for our project. Among its advantages we find that:
- There is a great variety of sizes and colors.
- They need practically no maintenance of any kind.
- They resist rain and inclement weather.
- They have greater durability than other elements.
- They combine different elements making natural and pleasant environments.
Criteria for choosing them
- Climate: If the climate where we live is very cold, we should lean towards granite stones, even if our temperatures reach below zero, blue stone is ideal.
- Style: We must take into account when choosing the stone that can adapt to the architectural style that we have in our home.
- Function: To find out how to make a garden stone path we must first choose the meaning that it will have. If it will be a main road it will have to be designed in a different way than if it is a secondary road in our space.
Order materials and take measurements
We must calculate the square meters that our walkway will have in order to estimate how many stones we will need. We must first measure and determine the width of our walkway. Then we multiply that number by the length of it, which will give us the total square meters. When we make the purchase with this data, the experts will be able to provide us with accurate information to buy the necessary amount of stones without having to spend more.
The first thing to do is to place our stones on the surface to verify the spacing. Then we arrange the stones to give it the effect of a natural path. As a general rule, it is usually used that two small stones are placed each one large to give it a pattern. Finally, we must walk over the stones to verify that they are stable and spaced for a comfortable walk.
Prepare the base for the stone path
We must use a shovel or whatever element we have to work and remove the layer of grass that surrounds the stones. In this case, there are two possibilities: replant grass to surround the stones or fill it with concrete. If you want to see how to make the cement base you can see our free masonry course.
Set and level the stones
Because each stone has a different thickness, we must adjust and level the stones in our path so that they are at the correct level. If we have a rubber hammer it is ideal for this type of work.
Add a cobblestone border
How to make a garden stone path with stones is something that you already know, but we can use one more element that will enhance our path. In this case, as a decorative ornament, we can make our stone path some edges with cobblestones. In this case we should make a very shallow trench on the sides. Then with a cement mix We adhere them so that they are homogeneous.
Clear the path of stones
Finally, we must clean the area in which we work. If our purpose is to use a grass path, we can reuse the pieces that we removed from grass to re-plant them. In the case that we use a concrete fill, when it dries we clean its entire surface to leave the finished path. For this there is nothing better than a hose that will leave our garden in optimal condition.
Video: How to make a garden stone path
From Facades World once again we thank our colleagues from Architecture Planet for this spectacular contribution to our entire community. We remind all our readers and followers that they can follow us on our social networks to keep up to date with the latest architecture and design news… We are waiting for you!